Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Go Green!

Today is St. Patrick's day and with the inspiration of things gone green, we are eating green today. The boys started their day off with green cornmeal topped off with a variety of topping from our breakfast station. I used spirulina to make the cornmeal green.


For snack we'll have pumpkin and sunflower seeds with apple and celery, and for lunch, broccoli with green hummus will compliment the rest of our meals. I could also make my celery and pear salad, but use granny smith apple instead.

It's a great way to get the kids (and me) excited about all things green, especially when it comes to food and nutrition. I'm looking forward to the challenge of keeping it more green not just for today, but more on a daily basis. Have fun with your green inspired meals today as inspiration isn't very far away.

No comments: