Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Celebrating the woman that I am, as I am




 I hated women. Young ones, older ones. Didn’t like them.


But I love my mother’s mom.

The rest felt mean to me. Bullied me at school. Played tricks on me, laughed at me. Abandoned me and left me behind. Treated me like I was an alien.

But I had a few friends that were girls… And we are still friends today.

I was mocked. Told I couldn’t do what “they” were doing because I climbed trees, talked to animals, played with worms, and boys…

So I was called a “Tomboy”.... Whatever that is supposed to mean.

I hated simple, frilly girls clothes. I liked either super fancy with layers of lace and chiffon that went with my collection of cameos or “practical” dresses in playful prints and jewel tones that went with my skin.

So I only had the one or two dresses to go to church in because I was too “difficult” to shop with.

I hated being a “girl”. Mainly because I wasn’t “fitting” into what other girls expected me to do and like in order to be a “part of the club”.

SO I became very calloused towards “humanity” as a whole.

There were always exceptions. HUMANS that were nice, friendly, kind, childlike in their innocence and approach, and loved to have people smile with them.

SO why am I sharing this?

Because it might surprise some people who know me now. In truth, it surprises ME day in and day out… how BIG my heart has grown towards humanity, especially women.

The compassion for the journey… navigating all these “roles” we “have to” embrace. And then STILL giving to OURSELVES consideration and care?? WOW!

Or maybe not. Maybe you, as I did, STRUGGLED with carrying the burden of ALL the roles and didn’t share that care with yourself. And in truth, I wasn’t really caring for anyone else. I was doing ENOUGH so that it “looked” like care and then I could at least get rest and gather up what energy I had left…

And then I decided… to BE what I wanted and felt I needed… and to allow for feminine support in my life.

So today, I celebrate the women that help ME to celebrate and support women (and humanity) in a way that I am in awe of each day.

Thank you ❤️

#embrace #divinedesign #womansday #Iam #iwd #biggerpicture #humanity #gender #sex #gratitude

No comments: