Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

DO you journal???

 


I've been in a particular practice for most of my life...so long that I can't recall when I began (unless I drag out my grade school diary)...

It's journalling! Writing to an "unseen" audience the experiences and thoughts I have...the plans and directions I wish to take...and making notes of the history, moments, and memories that I have shared with others.
It's to a point now where I make mental notes in the same way and take time in reflection each week (to be honest, everyday, but for sure a weekly sit down 😉 ).
I used to be called an elephant because "I never forget"....but to tell you the truth, I LOVE the practice of remembering. It's simply beautiful to me and awe inspiring.
Jim Kwik is one who helps people to exercise this "muscle" in their lives and he does a very awesome job of it.
I would challenge that common vernacular of "having a terrible memory" and own up to the fact....that you just haven't been in the habit of training it.
How do I remember the names of the great lakes? How do I remember the details of things my hubby had shared in a story of childhood? How do I remember names, faces, places, and times?...I recall the beauty of the moment and write it down. ❤❤
Here I go!

No comments: