Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Sunday, November 25, 2018

It is okay to choose to experience something "new" in a new day

 Good morning!

This morning and this day is very special for me...
But before I go into the many reasons why, I wanted to note, that most every day has special content for me. Some days are better than others....but there is not one day that is exactly the same as the next for me. Last week (well, just over a week ago), I got a little sad. There was a child-like part of me that wanted my oldest son to stay home just one more day from school so we could enjoy his company....and I was pretty much pouty the whole day LOL. And I remember when the next day rolled around how I felt sort of the same....woke up, felt a bit mopey, dragged my butt through my quiet times and journalling.....it was starting out with a similar jest to the day before, but it wasn't. 'That was enough for one day', I said, but there is no need for another one like that... and BOOM, it was already a different day from the day before. I sobered up, I loved up on my boy, and life continued. And the little one and I had a better day...it was different...and he got to see that sometimes, we can feel sad...and sometimes we don't have to be uppity. Part of me was still mopey (a tiny part), but my actions were different and because of the reminder of the fact that I had already experienced "mope" the day before, that it is okay to adapt and choose to experience something "new" in a new day. That "yesterday" got to be its unique "eat-chips-watch-movies-play-games-and-no-laundry" kinda of day and that in the "new" day we are always given the "gift" of choice....different adjectives that can be applied in its description....and yes, the new day did include laundry 😛 ....and yes, in the new day I reminded myself that my son only had 2 days of school that week instead of 5 😄...and yes, I also realized that I had been under the weather and my body (and mind) were directing me towards getting the rest I needed ("invisible" illnesses and pain are unpredictable and yet, they are 😉 ). That new day was full of more activity, joy, and grace....and made a great foundation for the day that would follow.
As for today, I am making the most of the fact that our oven pittered off this week 😥 JUST after getting the request for a baked birthday treat for ...today! So now to go off and make freeze dried blueberries into dust... to colour fondant that will be shaped into a mini "cube" (a.k.a. Kevin) to top off a store-bought gluten-free-vegan cake and celebrate an amazing young man on one of his special days ❤

No comments: