Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Check your culture of habits

 Good morning.

I want to be real about something....recently within the last couple of months, there was a situation that I walked into and wished I had never shown up. I felt like I was being asked and rejected/dismissed in the same breath. I just wanted to stand up and walk out. I was done. I even said so and only one person heard me.
Sometimes we let things run....things or ways of being...we let them run because it is what we have been used to and no one has corrected us. Even better still, we may even be surrounded by many who have "habitualized" in the same way throughout their lives. People, that is what is referred to as "culture". But when your "culture" reads as dismissive to others (which is highly probable across the board of all culture), then it may be time to step back and observe, what the core basics are and then refine those criteria by which we operate "through" the cultures we are in.
To tell you the truth, I haven't even bothered to be around these people with intention since...I was really done in that moment (not the first time with a few of the individuals and that is probably why I haven't "felt" like going "back" at it). For most of the world, that is described as being "hurt". I'm dropping that tag....I chose how I get to respond to stimuli....I was being informed in that moment...and it leaves me with a choice to make...to go "back" in as an "informed" person. No defense needed, but to truly speak up to what I am experiencing....it may not just be a "culture" thing....I experience very different dynamics and levels of respect and acceptance in different areas of my life...and that situation holds very different from my "norm"... from where I gravitate more to like-minded and like-acting individuals in very diverse settings.
So I wanted to say "Thank you" once again to the person who noticed, heard, AND saw me in that situation....this person is a treasure in my life in ways I haven't expressed (I promise I will ❤ )...caused to to truly think about how I will "show up" in the days and years to come.

No comments: