Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, March 5, 2018

This post is FULL of "Toilet talk"

 Good morning! Sorry but this post is FULL of "Toilet talk"

😉
After a week of declaring I may have to resort to approaching our "home" toilet as public, it made me think how many people actually approach "throne time" in a stand-offish way.
So here is my current routine....open the door and inspect....grab hydrogen peroxide spray and spray down the seat....grab a "wod" of toilet paper and wipe it down. Okay, if this was public space, I squat....don't touch the seat, but the HP and wipe down still happens before I leave the stall (leave it better than I found it)....at home, it's before with the intention to sit and enjoy (with my feet up on the stool) a complete and smooth "process".
Now why am I sharing this? Because of the peace of mind and joy part. After cleaning what looked like a moment of haste, waste, shame, and a dash and run experience it made me realize that there may be HIGH levels of disgust and shame (along with a lack of mindful "attention" ) to a process that demands consistency, frequency, and mindfulness on our part. And THEN (as it tends to flow in my mind) how many others areas in life is that "just-get-it-over-with-and-RUN" attitude being applied? That we leave the mess of disgust, fear, and shame in a wake of stuff that will scream to be "cleaned up" later.... Are we not taking the time and careful focus to get it done and done right the first time without having to leave a pile of residue that we continue to feel is haunting us from the "bowels" of activity. That there is a bowl with a lid precariously teetering to reveal what we carelessly left behind in our hasteful use of energy?
I love my toilet time. It is routine, and I feel clean inside and out afterwards because I take the care to do so. And I HOPE that the same care is what I translate into other areas of my life. I am sure I may be leaving "dribbles" on the seat in areas I don't feel so strong or "achieved" in yet, but I hope I am not leaving a mess for others to "sit" in and that is why I will try to be MORE mindful to take my time, and wipe up the best I can.....after all, it is an all day every day experience....this thing called life 😉 ❤

No comments: