Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

You are an agent of agency. The gift of divine choice

Good morning! My "ponders" this morning have been interesting....all centered around choice. We are ALL divinely gifted with "agency". This is the individual capacity to make your OWN choices....However, have you noticed, that in every moment...you are "forced" to use it? Even continuing on in reading this post is an expression of both agency and the "structure" of having to choose. Even when you think you aren't choosing, you are. Even when you think you are "tired" of "others" making choices for you, you chose to allow it. Even when you have set up an individual structure based on a belief that you will not let anyone "sway" your choice, you are choosing to show up in the moments of your life with the filter of mistrust and the desire to control your own destiny. Which you have! Because you made the choice!
Years ago (and with other likeminded individuals who share on the same point), I began to explore the value and weight of this gift. I decided (chose) to allow myself to pause and witness for the "space" between an opportune moment and the "action" that followed the choice.
Actually, it began in the grocery stores when my boys were in the stroller and somehow....there was a constant "choice" by many ladies to RUN INTO THE STROLLER with their shopping carts! It was driving me nuts! Challenging my "momma bear" to no end. Several ladies were quite rude and others acted as though they didn't see them. SO I started bringing a friend along to see what was happening. And INDEED, time and time again...BASH!!....scaring my child, causing him to cry, and "engaging" the conversation of "why did you do that?" And myself and my friend noticed as we shopped not just the crash choices, but the process of weighing choice. It became a game to witness the gap :)
I share this (not to say that I set up the scenario, which I didn't. As a new mom, the first thing I wanted was my son to be quiet for moment or enjoy his nap...) to bring light to the fact that not only do we all have choice in every moment, but that there is also a "gap" between the options of choice and the following course of action. And in that, when we are observing the gap between choice and action, we also get the opportunity to recognize how we are using our divine gift of agency as well. We get to chose within the choice of choosing our moment to moment actions....hmmmmm , that was a lot of choice in there LOL. In short, how do I want my process of choice to look like? Do I want to set up a foundation where I can't trust anyone, and then filter from there? Do I want my choices to reflect that I desire to see beauty, love, and light in each moment? Do I want my moments in life to be serving the greater good of all around me and to light the path for others in each step I take? Really, the possibilities are endless! In which EVER direction you CHOOSE, it is yours to live and to have....it becomes your breathing experiences. It's so awesome to just know the level to which you can not only CHOOSE but also to CHANGE in any given moment...and the next moment....and well, that choice in that moment din't go so well, but there is CHOICE waiting to be explored in the the very NEXT moment, and so on and so on.
SO my dear friends, I honour your gift of choice and how you choose to use it. And I, will also be honouring and using MY gift of agency in the way I have chosen for it to be expressed in my life as well....moment by moment.


No comments: