Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Monday, October 24, 2016

Let's celebrate who we all get to be

 Today...I went out...of the house.

😃 And was welcomed in familiar places and spaces....and in the not so familiar...I was asked where I was from. I get it often, and mostly from people trying to seek common connection. One of today's dialogue went something like this...
(Me looking at books in the store...)
Gentleman: WOW!
Me: (Still looking at the books... LOL )
Gentleman: Excuse me... (tears in his eyes...big smile)
Me: Yes?
Gentleman: Can I just say...you are a beautiful woman! (Puts his hand to his chest) I have never felt so proud to be Black and in my skin in my life ....thank you! (he giggles uncontrollably...almost dancing in the store) I am so SO grateful to be Black! We are SO beautiful! ❤
Me: Right? I just said the same thing to friends of mine yesterday! They are such a BEAUTIFUL family and made me so glad to be in MY skin! I totally understand! ❤
....the rest of the conversation was about where we were from...how can people not love classical music (he had it playing in his headset), and spiritual books...
This morning, I looked for flexible, and comfy clothing...a warm sweater, put on my head and face gear 😉 ...gave myself a quick nod of acceptance in the mirror and I was out. And I prayed...I prayed for a friend to connect to the love and acceptance of themselves so they could receive the love that is being sent by others even more deeply.
I can't imagine a time I didn't love my skin...I didn't always love myself as whole as I do now (daughter of God), but that glimmer of gratitude for what I have been blessed with has always remained. Today, I was gifted in a way I cannot describe. To help someone else recognize that God had truly the best and loving intention in how we are all created...and to share in that celebration and joy...priceless ❤

No comments: