Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Offer people the opportunity to be corrected and to repent...choosing compassion and love

 “We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence of the good people,” Martin Luther King Jr.

...when we choose to tolerate the actions of negativity and destruction and not offer people the opportunity to be corrected and to repent (choose for what is beneficial to themselves and others), we are also at fault. When we choose to love others and ourselves we will promote the building up of one another as opposed to the breaking down of potentially great and awesome individuals.
....my story of racial attacks, group tauntings, segregation, insults, and the like got CUT SHORT!!! I did not feed into it....I did not shift blame....and even though I had very little support...I made a choice!! I honoured my differences and chose to love and to come with more of it and even more.... Not everyone has made that choice in their circumstances, but they had and have the choice. To this very day there are similar situations where I can feel I am under attack and fall victim....but as long as I keep the choice of looking from the other side once in a while, my perspective will remain one of compassion for those that may not fully understand....
(again, thank you Jesus for keeping things in perspective and helping me to keep compassion and love up front)

No comments: