Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Carrot, Ginger, and Cherry Salad

This morning I decided (after an enjoyable, but indulgent time at a BBQ) that I would commit to eating primarily veggies for the day. For breakfast, I began with a carrot salad and wanted to share the recipe with others.



Serves 1
2 medium carrots, grated
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1/4 cup cherries, pitted and cut in half
1 tablespoon hemp seeds, (shelled)
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon raw agave syrup

Grate carrots and ginger into a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients until well mixed and coated. I just thought about this, but I could also add a 1/4 cup of shredded coconut (unsweetened). MMMMMmmmmmmm!! It tastes so good! Enjoy!

No comments: