Pages

Featured Post

Success

My imperfections and failures are as much a blessing from God as my successes and talents.  ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Recipe: Mashed potatoes - trial 1

Today I cooked a vegetable chili and am pairing it with mashed potatoes and mixed greens.

I haven't shared much for recipes as I tend to just through stuff in with an eyeballed measure and pray that God will help it to taste fabulous, but I am experimenting with modifying the mash potato recipe and I wanted to share my trials ;). Usually I use chicken stock and minced garlic with a few herbs, but out of chicken stock, so necessity required a solution.


Mash potatoes - Trial 1

10 medium potatoes cooked, but not peeled, cut into cubes
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons onion powder
2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/4 teaspoon coriander
1 cup water

Mashed the potatoes in a large bowl and set aside. You can add some water to help it along and achieve a smoother texture. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients making sure to whisk to an even consistency. Pour the oil mixture in with the potatoes and mix with a hand-held mixer until smooth.

Now of course this can be adjusted according to taste, but this is just the beginning....

No comments: